Monday 4 March 2013

100 Missionaries in Romania!

We are remodeling some at home and Austin's response is:
You guys better finish that project before I get home.

What are some of the Easter traditions in Romania?
I have no idea of the traditions. Probably similar to Christmas, the
whole country takes a week off work and no stores are open. And they
have big ceremonies in the Orthodox cathedrals and churches, I assume.
I'm not entirely sure. I don't know a lot of things about the Orthodox
church, so maybe you could do some research about it. The only thing
I know is that everyone here is Orthodox and not too open about
religion.

How are the new sister missionaries doing?
There is actually only one new sister, the other one was here in Sibiu
2 transfers ago, then she went up to Chisinau and now she's back. So
she's awesome, actually almost done with her mission in a couple
transfers. Her companion, the new missionary, is awesome. She is not
afraid at all to speak the language. She bore here testimony in
church yesterday on her second Sunday in Romania. No way in heck I
would have done that. And she just speaks way more than I did in my
first transfer. They're doing great though.

How many missionaries and areas are there in Romania?
There are about 100 missionaries in Romania with 16 more in Moldova.
Missionary areas include in Romania: Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca,
Alexandria, Craiova, Galati, Constanta, Ploiesti, Pitesti, Brasov,
Iasi, Bacau, Oradea, Timisoara, Arad, Sibiu, Deva. And in Moldova:
Chisinau, Balti, Orhei. We have missionaries in all those cities.
There are also some smaller places that have church groups organized,
but no branches yet.

How was your week?
We had another training thing in Cluj-Napoca last week, so we hopped
on the early bus again. My companion and I presented about
obtaining and using member referrals. It was good. Our zone is super
cool. We are all friends. After the meeting, we wandered around the
mall, and had all you can eat pizza at Pizza Hut till the bus left in
the evening. Other than that, we haven't had much to do. We've been
out trying to talk to some people but haven't had much success. We
decided the people we have been teaching aren't progressing, and they
need some time to figure it out for themselves. So we aren't going
to meet with them this week. But we are working with the Town Hall
and the branch president on Wednesday to get permission to go set up a
table in downtown and contact that way. So hopefully we can get
something nailed down, and find some people to start teaching.

This transfer is almost halfway done already and it's crazy. We have the
transfer board next week. I kind of want to go work in the office in
Bucharest and drive around and do the visa paperwork and health
insurance stuff for missionaries. And one of the Elders there is done
after this transfer, so it's a possibility. If I do, I'll be headed to
Bucharest and stay for 6 months at least. We'll see though, I think
I'd be good at it and I could help out a lot there.

Is time going by fast for you?
Crazy we are all gonna be at our year marks here pretty
quick. Time is flying. And everyone is gonna be gone when I get home.
(I think he's talking about all of the friends that left on missions after he did)

No comments:

Post a Comment