Monday 18 February 2013

Elder Phelps, aka. New District Leader and First Talk Given in Romanian

Austin didn't send any new photos this week, but here's the latest!

Things are good this week. We didn't teach very many lessons. Just
one. We had a lesson with our investigator and the senior couple from
Brasov. It was good, she's heard all the lessons, knows it's true,
but doesn't want to be baptized yet. It's kinda frustrating. That's
just how it is I guess.

We are going to Bucharest again on Wednesday for a Mission Conference
on Thursday. Elder Kent Richards is coming to talk to us. He's a
counselor in the Area Presidency. So also, transfers are going to
happen at that time. The next transfer is only 4 weeks because of the
changed MTC schedule. So I'll be in Sibiu for 4 more weeks. My current 
companion is headed to Ploiesti to be a new zone leader. I will be the
district leader in Sibiu.   My new companion is the same age in the mission as
my first companion. And also we are getting 2 new sisters, one who was here
before, and a new missionary from the MTC. So it should be fun.

Cool thing of the week. I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting
yesterday. I took about 15 minutes about prophets. it wasn't as bad
as I thought it would be. Way easier than my farewell talk, but there
were only 10 people at sacrament meeting that day, so that's probably
why. But it was good. I'm getting more and more confident in my
language ability. Finally. Takes forever to learn another language.
But it's coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment