Tuesday 15 January 2013

20th Birthday and 6 Months Out!

Me burning a tie for my 6 month mark
Can you believe that Austin has been out for 6 months?  Wow, me either!  Time has flown by a lot quicker than I thought it would.  He celebrated his 20th birthday (and first birthday in the mission field) on Monday.  Crazy.  Here is his latest:


"It's my birthday! But din păcate (unfortunately) we aren't really doing anything fun. I'm getting a hair cut later, but that's about it.

But, on to the important stuff. The transfer board came out, I'm leaving Oradea tomorrow night. And.... I'm going to Sibiu! in the mountains! I've heard it's the most beautiful city in the country. My new companion served here in Oradea for 2 transfers, so we are already good friends, it's gonna be great. I was talking to him on the phone the other day, and he said I'll most likely be the 2nd counselor in the Branch Presidency, and the branch clerk. So we'll see how that works out. I'm super excited.

This past week, we had 2 lessons. One was with a member. It was cool. It was actually our first lesson of the entire transfer. The other lesson was with one of our English students. The same one we went to see play the cello at the Baptist concert thing. So that was cool. And her and her mom came to church. It was a pretty dead transfer overall, but we had some good things at the end. And, they tell me that they have 2 people with baptismal dates in Sibiu so I'll probably see my first baptism there (SEE not PERFORM) big difference. But it's still cool, because this country barely breaks 100 baptisms per year. Anyways, our lesson went well, we learned a lot about Baptists, and she liked church and wants to come again and learn more. Hopefully my current companion can get moving forward with her after I leave. Also, my current will be training a new missionary this coming transfer in Oradea. He will only be in his 5th transfer, and that's pretty rare that a missionary trains a new person from the MTC that early. It's gonna be crazy to come home and talk to my friends who did more baptisms than I taught lessons. Super different culture.

Not much else to say. I'm just packing up, getting ready to head to Bucharest tomorrow night, then on to Sibiu on Wednesday. It's gonna be awesome, talk to you all next week!"

I think he is really excited! Stay tuned. . .

Me and the Branch President

No comments:

Post a Comment